Welcome to 1st Plympton
The 1st Plympton scout group was founded in 1908 and initially met in a room in the working men’s club in the Ridgeway. It had 2 other meeting venues, the Ridgeway Secondary School and a post war nissen hut on the edge of Harewood park. In 1976, Cottles Lodge was built and this year it celebrated its 40th anniversary.
The Group has a current membership of 130 young persons and 23 leaders/sectional assistants, it is based in the Plympton and Ivybridge District.